Hi! My name is Mariela. I am studying Safety and Occupational Health at ULACIT, it is a new major but it is interesting. I chose it because I studied nursing, but I am working in a bank for 12 years. Yes, I know! It is a crazy thing, but sometimes you have to decide the best for you and your family.
However, I chose a major related to health, but no exactly in order to help to heal illnesses, instead in order to prevent them. I think a safe and healthy place is excellent for all in a company.
I have had the opportunity to participate in first aid courses. It is very important to my development because it supports my knowledge about health and emergency situations. I have a great advantage at work because I am a member of the Emergency team. So, for BCR this kind of matter is very important. This institution has saved money to prepare its human resources to assist.
I do not have a special hobby; however, I like to go out with friends on weekends and also enjoy concerts, to the stadium or to the movie. I am a bad reader, but I am trying to enjoy it, so if you have a special book that you want to recommend me, I will appreciate your suggestion.
Actually, I do not have much free time because at home I always have work to do. I live with my sister and my father; my mother died 9 years ago. Is not common to have a family such as mine, but we are trying to be happy without her.
For me the family is first, it does not matter if you think in a different way. Your family is a priority for you. They always will be with you. If you win, they are there; if you fall, they are there too unconditionally.
Another important ingredient in my life is friendship. Friends are the family that you choose. It is not easy to find someone like you and share many especial times with. For me this does not have a price.
I am very lucky. I have a lot of friends. I have true friends. My sister is the number one. I have friends for 20 years: Mariano, is my best friend. I met him 27 years ago. I met my friend Andrea at school 20 years ago. I met my friends Maureen, Noelia and Heilyn in High School. Our friendship has grow up and become stronger through the time. Adriel, Noelia’s son and David Heilyn’s son, are my godsons. I do not have my own children but I feel the responsibility about my godsons, especially when they will be grow ups.
I am working at Banco de Costa Rica. My work consists in assisting the Manager of the Architecture Department. It is an interesting work because the activities in this office are very different from the others departments. I am that person that loves her work. For me, BCR is an essential part in my life. It has been my only work and it has supported me in every time in my life. So I am very glad and proud of working in this institution and I hope to continue working there for many years.
My goal is still working in the Construction and Maintenance Department, but not as an assistant anymore, instead I would like to be professional in Safety and Occupational Health. Actually, this week I was selected as an Occupational Health Commission Member of BCR. I am very happy for that because it is important to my experience and curriculum.
I like English but I need to practice speaking. Actually, I was in Miami, Florida last week and I was very afraid about talking, so I really need to practice. In that state of USA, is the Spanish language one spoken the most. This is very interesting. If you speak English and you know Spanish, old people become angry at you.
That was my fist trip out of Costa Rica. The experience was very nice and fun.
I have a big expectation about this course. I hope to enjoy it and learn a lot.
I have a big expectation about this course. I hope to enjoy it and learn a lot.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario